2011/10/31

2011年10月31日 That bitter taste

isn't just a figment of your imagination, or rather my imagination. It's more like a bitter taste of life rather than fiction. Beer this morning was a nice way to avoid breakfast, or was it? It's like drinking bread, so what's the big deal? The train ride into the city was nice. It was around 8:30 or so. Sun already up. To me it felt like 2pm, but probably because I'm so used to getting up at 4:30-5am. Sometimes I wake up around 2am because I have strange dreams, and I'm ashamed to talk about them, so I don't. Oh yes, the ride in. Without my phone I've been relying on my mp3 player to tell me what the time is when needed or when bored.

I had a chance to dig some intel out of my Hebrew professor about something. Or someone? I don't know which, or rather, would not like to discuss, but anyhow I got the intel I wanted. And then I found out a test date which is coming up. I had spaced that out completely.

And today is the first time I have been able to post EVERY single day for a month. Although due to my excitement, or optimistic depression, I have done 31 posts, and managed to do at least one everyday, acknowledging such. 40 posts for October. Not bad.

At 11am, I could tell that the veracity of the sun's rays
on my face, reflected the feelings of my heart. 
I couldn't tell you why I sat on the bench 
that long staring at the yellow leaves.
When I stood up I could not stop smiling,
as that god-damned Modern Major General song,
stuck in my head while I reflected on the bad things in my life,
and how I resolved them or rather how they were resolved with help.

Even now you think about that song.
And even now I still smile.
C'est bien. n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment