2011/10/24

2011年10月24日 Hunger

I wasn't sure if it was Michael Bolton's voice or if it was the morning blues that took away my appetite. Every bite seemed forced. I had no desire for anything that wasn't a watery liquid, and I would much rather drink ice-tea for breakfast instead of eating, but I knew I needed be in collusion with my stomach or else I'd feel like shit for the rest of the day. Okay, not the rest of the day, but somewhere near the mid-point.

Personally I have felt hunger throughout my whole life, not in the sense that I acknowledge it as an experience, but it often comes back in my life rather than making structured plans to avoid it. But I often don't feel a general "hungry" feeling like a lot of people, rather I almost have a hunger based around being famished. To me hunger negates concentration and living. It's not just about a griping stomach vying for control of the body and mind. Hunger to me is like slowly laying off employees until the factory no longer functions the way it was designed.

I have long concluded that emotional hunger is much worse, much more devastating, and dangerous when not addressed. Yet at times, I find that the "food" necessary to find the solution for such is often few and far in between the annals of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment