2011/10/29

2011年10月29日 Know your sign

I was bored the other day at work and decided to read about blasphemes such as zodiac signs, be them chinese or Greek. Upon further inspection I decided to look at "sign" combinations. While I don't believe in this kind of bullshit, I do think it's interesting to read about and reflect on in terms of whatever it says is truthful or entertaining.
  
"Two signs that can heal each other!" The title said, and I couldn't help but draw myself closer to the reading. "[A]nd they also have a common tendency towards the religious aspects of life." Just words like that alone sound promising to me, and I had to keep reminding myself that most of this was bullshit or wishful thinking anyhow, even if some of the dialog could be associated with my own experiences in life. I'm sure if I randomly associated symbols with friends without using their date of birth, I could find similar results. I didn't need to when I read the next compatibility link.

[C]an two swords fit in the same scabbard?
By the time I finished reading that sentence my brain had already an image influx threesomes with DV and DP active highlights.

So are these things worth knowing? Yes. 
Should they be taken seriously? No.
If they're not taken seriously is it because they are wrong in their assessment?
That's the problem isn't it? 

You read a sign and it says or reminds you of what you want in your life, or rather, what you need. Then you reflect on whether or not the other person actually fits the criteria. If they do, then you'd believe the zodiac is right. Yet if they don't then you dismiss it (the zodiac) or keep looking (at newer, detailed ones) until you get what you want or get bored dismissing it. Or like most people you accept your lot in life because you feel guilty for doing what you believe is right. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't without pain. But again, I digress. If you believe zodiacs are bullshit commie-pink-fag-wishful thinking, then you'll end up going to shul. I happen to just be going to shul anyhow, so what I think doesn't really matter on the issue.

The day's exercise has trained me to not think it terms of a hypothetical or try to imagine the future in my mind, unless I'm executing actions towards that specific goal, and then later as a vehicle towards a dream. No one wants to be with someone coming up with hypothetical children's names only to end the relationship before such comes into fruition. So it's best to avoid such ideas, unless one is actually on the track for such, and not because of guilt, boredom, or sacrificed freedom or principles for security.

No comments:

Post a Comment