2011/10/26

2011年10月26日 Great idea, but execution sucks

The most recent update of the iPod by Apple has a neat function with blogger. If you click on the title of this, or another title that's posted on this blog, and then click "Reader" where the URL is at. It turns the blog into a book-esuqe looking (web)page. I don't know if this works with other mobile devices.

So far it's pretty neat, but the bullshit happens when colors or other things come into effect, or rather not come into effect.

Pros:
  • Gives a book-like feel to the reading experience
  • Makes things black-on-white for easier reading, depending on how you feel
  • Links appear to still function
  • YouTube support
Cons:
  • It's bullshit that text ONLY appears as black-on-white, goodbye oranges.
  • Not all pictures show up.
  • Format changes a bit.
So basically the reader function is more like a novel idea, geared for those who want to read at their own leisure without the color and structure that I personally enjoy. Since I've wrote most of the shit here, I don't personally see the reason to use such for my own personal consumption, as most blogs I read are done via desktop PC.

None of this matters anyhow unless you own a mobile device (such as that of a iPhone, iPod, iPad, whatever).

I feel like God ought to feel the same way about humans. We're a great idea, but the end result, with humans acting on their own volition, kind of sucks. If you don't believe me, look up Die Endlösung [Link].

No comments:

Post a Comment