2011/10/24

2011年10月24日 Important questions

Sometimes I forget that questions are often important in life, and sometimes I am afraid to answer the important ones: the ones that follow me. Sometimes I'm afraid. The power of questions is amazing. It's not so much the answer, but the fear of such questions that pushes us to hide. Sometimes people avoid answering such, regardless of whether or not they are rhetorical. I recall a program that reminded me of such questions, here they are:
  • Who are you?
  • What do you want?
  • Why are you here?
  • Do you have anything worth living for?
With the last three as just a segue from the first four.
  • Where are you going?
  • Who do you serve?
  • Who do you trust?
A few times in my life I have said I cannot live without X or Y, and I often suggested such when I was unable  or fearful to answer a question in the way that represented my feelings. So I forgot to respect the question with an honest answer. I detached myself in the process. And I'm sad that I make this mistake often, out of fear and fear of appearing selfish. I find the balance between purity and fear to be a difficult thing. And it is a terribly repugnant thing that I cannot figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment