2011/10/10

2011年10月10日 Tears and Limelight

I cried like a big pussy
Among being fucked over - car issues(?) - for errands today, I started the day nominally. 
At least I intended the day to start normally.

Last night in an effort to fall asleep early, which somewhat worked, I was able to catch a glimpse of a movie that more or less lifted and crushed my feelings simultaneously. I was hoping to think about "Limelight" by Rush, with quite powerful lyrics on their own, but the 1952 film Limelight, just made me feel crushed. I thought about a lot of things watching that movie such as the quality of life, relationships, lack thereof, and so forth. It had a lot of wonderful feelings in it, to which I could relate to indirectly or directly. I never really was a fan of Charlie Chaplin, and I thought his humor to be somewhat idiotic by own standards, until I saw this film.

I laughed, and soon after, I shed a tear, like a big pussy.

I strongly recommend giving this movie, Limelight (1952), a chance. 
At least the first 40 minutes.

Seriously.

After a cigar and coffee, I tried to start my day.
So far it's going at speed. I'm wondering if things will get better. If they will get better and if I will get better. I think about Limelight more often, in fact, it helps with thinking on these issues. I'm empathetic with Calvero, and for good reason. I like drinking, I like company, and of course this is true if it is good. While I like humor, I spend most of my time intellectualizing about life in ways that are often taken far more seriously than I intended, although I think at times it should be taken as both.

No comments:

Post a Comment