2011/05/24

2011年5月24日 Today I erased a part of your life

It's amazing what a polymer and metal shredder can do, especially if the waste bin requires trash bags that several small children could fit inside (after dismemberment).

25 years of records, custom rainbow checks, pay stubs, electricity and gas bills, and the like, all gone in an hour and an half. I erased someone's life, and while most people would say that's unimportant, it makes me wonder.
Why don't financial records matter?
Wouldn't the amount of money going to X-place, for Y-reason matter?
Via, http://xpanicx.deviantart.com/
As far as I'm concerned when I address my own financial records I'm assessing what I need to live in this society, along with my other miscellaneous wants or desires outside of the necessities.

And now 25 years of your life, are gone, things you thought about, spent several hours, maybe even months working on. All  your records, all your charts about financial information. Your little doodles on the custom pages you made. I erased it, and in a sense, unless you're passing on your DNA: I erased a part of you.
Just like all other memories, are we erasing them to make life easier?
Is it worth it, to erase ourselves so that we can remove any trace of despondency?
Today is filled with more questions than answers.

1 comment:

Sinka said...

I sometimes get captured by same sort of thoughts.. Perhaps those miscellaneous records would be the only reliable(?) evidence of what exactly(?) we're doing.

I think it's okay to remove them, as "what we really did" are not that REALLY matter. Like all the living things, we're not given any particular reason to live. Rather we just exist. A tragedy. But it's true.

I believe we need to assemble only a few shreds and fabricate meaning from chosen ones, then scribe the meaning in the form of our own voice. That may be the reason we're keeping a diary or do a blog..

Post a Comment