2011/05/21

2011年5月20日 ESL Filth

Today in class we had a scenario that involved the following:
A picture of a black-man in front of a counter, while behind the counter was a white-male who appeared to be 60+ years old on the phone. Neither were smiling.

Before we listened to the audio, which I found transcribed online (but not the picture), the teacher asked "What does Assefa want from Dino?" The situation appeared very simple with a guy named Dino, the owner of a diner; and Assefa, who wants something from Dino.
From memory I believe the questions were:
(A): Assefa wants a Hamburger
(B): Assefa wants a job
(C): Assefa wants to use the phone.
"(D): Assefa wants to rob Dino!" I almost blurted out, hiding behind my smile.
Then the audio began, and went something like:

Assefa: I noticed the “Help Wanted” sign. I’d like to apply for a job.
Dino: OK. Which job?
Assefa: Well, I’m a cook. I can make great hamburgers.
Dino: Can you make pizza?
Assefa: No, I can’t make pizza, but I can learn.
Dino: Good. As you can see, this place is really busy...

Some how I feel like Assefa's job should have started up like the first 80 seconds of this & the full clip of this.


Thank you YouTube, for expressing the disgusting nature of my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment