2011/05/24

2011年5月23日 Career Goals


I think about careers and career choices often. Actually I was thinking when I'd discuss this, which began several weeks ago in my head. Then I started watching House today, I realized how relevant it is for today (or what's left of it).

Are careers above others are actually worth it at some-point? Or is the opposite better, since relationships, good ones ideally, usually last until one party dies?
Careers usually end when people are at a certain age. Very few people pick a career and stick with it until they die, and usually these people tend to avoid their children and spouses, outside of the obligatory events such as dinner and holidays.

It is better to be single if one is going to have a career they enjoy above others.

I believe that when one loves their career it is because he or she is trying to love his or her self, and this becomes problematic when one allows their love to become tainted with pride or when it hinders the relationships one has with others.

Is there an opportunity for success without the intentional harming of others?
At what point does penance and contrition allow us an opportunity for resolution or clarity?

And it if does not matter if these issues are addressed, then how are we deserving of such happiness?

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." -A quote taken from Babylon 5

Like most days, today I go to sleep with no clear answers in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment