2011/09/12

2011年9月12日 Puzzling

I had a picture in my posession, more like a puzzle.

I think it was yours. 
Did you even own it to begin with?
Anyway, over the weekend dealing with certain issues, 
I realized caring about that puzzle was meaningless.

I don't mean I was unhappy, and I honestly could
and maybe would want to careless, if you were bothered by that. 
It made sense to me, albeit depressing. 

I smiled, thinking about how that puzzle didn't matter at all to me 
and I thought it was funny that there were other people who could genuinely understand why. 

I thought it was funny you would never be able to understand those people.
You would never know these people.
You would never know people.

I used to think that an isolation of love was how I felt about you 
and that puzzle represented something towards that, 
but I was wrong.
That isolation wasn't about you. 
That isolation wasn't about shadows 
from the days of my Bushido-esque rituals and thinking.
But I digress. 

I don't feel like I should owe you an apology at all.
In actuality, I should have apologized to those who actually listened to me.
To those who cared. 
To those people, I should have said, "Thank you."
To those people, I should have said, "I'm here."
To those people, who I can call my friend and more.

You weren't those things. 
And I'm not angry.
I'm not sad. It wasn't real to you.
I wasn't real to you.
Even though I wasn't hiding.

And now that puzzle means nothing to me.
Just like how I was nothing to you.
And I am not bothered the slightest.
I am not bothered.

What puzzles me is why I couldn't see those around me.
I couldn't see those who wanted to see me.
Those who could open their minds to me,
sharing thoughts, ideas, and beliefs.

The real puzzle is why I let myself be so confused.
The real puzzle, isn't in a closet somewhere, hiding.
The real puzzle is in the mirror when I look.

I am grateful I can see the pieces.
I am grateful I have a chance to put them together.

And I am grateful those people, the ones who were there, 
the one's who mattered, helped me find those pieces.

I am real to others who can see me.
And I like that.
So when I say, "I don't miss you."
I'm really saying, "Good-bye."
You wouldn't understand.
Even if I explained it to you.

Now I understand how 至誠 works.*

2 comments:

wainwright said...

Well said.

Petrarchan Lover said...

I wrote it in a frenzy. One take, that's all I needed, & that's all it took. Maybe the one take wasn't just about writing it?

Post a Comment