2011/09/14

2011年9月14日 Free shit 01

A few years back I had a sweet green trucker hat. It was the kind of hat where they company took extra company logo patches and had them sewn onto hats. It was totally badass. Well, before I came back from Japan I the adjuster on the back of the hat broke, so I was more or less resigned to give up the hat since I could really repair it. I eventually gave it to a French guy who constantly wore green and listened to techno and house almost hourly.

Free shit
The other day I noticed that my West Virginia hat was more or less falling under the same circumstances, so I got an idea:
Why not just ask Lynden Transport if they still have have a hat like that?
So did just that. The following week, this last Monday, I got an email asking me for my address. I gave my address, and by the next day I got three brand new hats. This is awesome!

When emailed them back about how I am a "happy camper." They, who will not be named, said:
That’s Great! 
Thank you for your interest in Lynden, Eric.
omitted
I suppose it makes sense that a transport company sends stuff out pretty damn fast, but wow. I did not expect to get hats within a full 24 hours or so.

As for the hats the middle hat looks ugly in the picture, and it's mainly because it was folded to fit in the box. I like the right one, but I often wear the left, even though it matches nothing I wear. Like my original Lynden Transport Alaska hat, the green one doesn't match anything I wear, but it seems like a rugged hat nonetheless. Hopefully it's just as rugged and durable as my original.

Now if I only wore rapist glasses, instead of contacts, I could look like one of those creepy fuckers on the train who never smile at people.

If it ain't ruff it ain't me. - MC Ren

I'm wondering if I can get more free stuff from companies?
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment