2011/09/09

2011年9月9日 "Such is life"

I hope Ned Kelly is wrong.

Ned Kelly, murderer, outlaw,
and douchebag

Some people "grow up" as they age. Some don't. 
What if you're already grown up before you age? 
Are you twice as old? 
Did your friends die before you met them?
Is the vanity of youth genuinely valuable to prior people?

How does tea taste to the old? 
Does the bitter flavor remind them of the sweetness of yesterday?

How can they smile, with all of those wrinkles and scars in their mind and heart?
Do they hang up their soul like a jacket BEFORE they leave the house?

How can they smile?
When all it looks like is sorrow on a throne?

All these questions, and no answers.
Although, I think Ned did actually get the one answer he deserved.
Which is probably why he said those three words.

I mused about this yesterday and it lingered all the way until today. It didn't bother me a bit to ask myself these questions, or whether or not they matter, or rather if it mattered that I was asking them versus someone else. Does it matter who asks or answers the question? Or does it matter that the question is asked?

I was talking once to my dad on the phone, and I complained about how life sucked and things were difficult. His best advice was, "It's only going to get worse."
My best reply was silent agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment