2011/09/11

2011年9月10日 "Life is complicated."

Within the past few days people have been going out of their way to tell me about 9-11.

First of all 9-11 wasn't that bad, at least not for me. I know people who were more concerned about what happened in Fukushima than they were about 9-11. I'm specifically talking about Americans more worried about Japanese. That's how detached some of us are at times, including myself. As for the actual day of 9-11, I'd probably forget about it if it wasn't such a big deal for a lot of people, whom I don't know beyond cordially. Personally the Friday of that week was a day that I won't forget. September fourteenth was the day I had a really difficult test, and I couldn't get any studying done because everyone was freaking out over 9-11.

So was it really that bad?
Yeah the test was pretty bad, but let's get back to 9-11.

It was bad, pretty bad, - 9-11 that is - but I think what is worse is how we've as a nation (the U.S.) have reacted to it. Our economy sucks and we've basically functioning on self-sufficiency at any cost. Sometimes it goes to the point of blasphemy against the memorial of those who suffered, such as those during the events of 9-11. Sometimes it goes beyond just that date itself. Sometimes that blasphemy is with us in our daily lives, happening against our friends, neighbor's, and worse: our own beliefs.


So how am I going to remember 9-11?
How do you try to remember?


Tomorrow I'm going to play GTA IV. 
That's how.

No comments:

Post a Comment