2011/09/16

2011年9月16日 Music


I personally have listened to all kinds of music under most, if not all kinds of, circumstances I have encountered in life. In high-school I used to listen to jazz over the radio while playing Counter-Strike. It was therapeutic. Then I found out the GTA series was doing it too, and obviously making money as a result. I have no doubt in my mind that music is extremely valuable. That being said, I decided to remove a bunch of music from play-lists I made on YouTube.

One of my play-lists stood out among the rest. It is titled, "愛について"* the romanization of which is 
"ai ni tsuite" 
Which roughly means, "One who is violated."

Just kidding. It actually means "About love". All joking aside, I had at least 150 songs I enjoyed a lot, or at least thought about often. I ended up chopping over 80 percent, and was left with twenty-eight tracks. I originally made the play-list to express what I believed corresponded to what I thought "love" was "about." I think it's a good idea when making a play-list in general. One should pick few words as possible to express the idea or feeling they want to convey, and then pick out the music.

Music is an everyday,
no days off experience,
period,
which happens to be next to a comma.
I am sad to say Todd Rundgren's Hello It's Me, beat Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. Even Barry White didn't make the cut for me. That's just how it rolls. I felt pretty good cutting it down, and it reminded me of how easy it is to cut down civilians in rice paddies with a M-60. Get some!

So, what do I have left? 
Nothing other than what I can hold in my mental hands. Here's the list. 
Some of these you might recognize. I must say in advance that when I hear "I'd do anything for love." I imagine a situation where a man says to his wife,  

"I love you, I'd do anything for love..."  
"Would you do the dishes?" 
But seriously, you should at least know Barry Manilow's Can't Smile Without You. It works for friends, family, or even romantically. Or in recent news, with Ron Paul.
So how about yourself?
Do you have any play-lists you hold in high regard?
What would you name them?


*If you can't see the characters, install your Asian font.
Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, then add Japanese. 
It won't change yer shit to Jap, but it will at least make it readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment