2011/08/29

2011年8月28日 Ignorant

What I really wanted to say was something more like, "Are you seriously such an ignorant bitch? What kind of fucking moron says that to a 3 year old kid? Let alone their own?" I couldn't believe what she said, 
"Fine if you don't want to go home, I'm leaving you here. If you're going to treat me like shit why should I care about you." 
She spoke without any hesitation and stormed out of my mom's apartment faster than the German (and Russian) invasion of Poland. I looked over at her son who, while visibly devastated, did not chase after her.

I couldn't believe my sister. Rather, I did not want to believe that she was cold enough to say that she didn't care about her children if they didn't listen to her. I knew the stress of her life was bad, but penalizing a 3 year old kid as if he is a grown man seemed childish and idiotic.

"If you're going to treat me like shit
why should I care about you."
My nephew stared at me briefly and frowned shaking his head when I told him he had to go home. He didn't care about his mom, and it was his way of coping with what she said to him. I have no doubt in my mind she has said similar things on more than one occasion. I wanted to vomit. I wanted not to know them at all.

When they finally left, I realized nothing changed except it got quieter. Even with all the silence in the room, I could still feel the anger and frustration in the air. It bogged down my feelings. I didn't feel much cleaner after a shower, but I was happy that she had left.

1 comment:

Post a Comment