2011/08/14

2011年8月13日 "[U]nless I had to"

"We already know how you feel on the issue. And Marion told me that you absolutely don't want to teach English."
Me: "Uh okay, that's wrong, totally wrong. How the hell do you fuck up a detail like that, especially one that is written out?"
Her: "Don't talk to me like that."
Me: "Okay, how the hell does she fuck up a detail like that?"

The conversation went down hill from there, until we examined the actual email. Low and behold my own wording was on my side, as it should be, unless I'm some douche bag senator [link].

Before we look at what this bullshit is about, let me give you an opportunity to get the down-low. My aunt Marion emailed me about my career options in life and told me I should get my MA so that I can teach Japanese at a high-school.

Let's look at my reply:
I have no interest in teaching high-school Japanese whatsoever. History may-be an option, but not much else at a high-school level other than that interests me at present.
And
I would rather not go to Japan to teach English unless I had to[.]
Yes. I win this debate.

I don't even need to number the problems off, there are too many anyhow. The bottom line is that someone got the information not only mixed up, but fucked six-ways from Sunday in such a manner that EVEN I was confused and dumbfounded. This generally happens after people fist fuck details.

Let's shift gears, just like when a woman wants to have sex and the man just wants to explain how solar flares work and what it does to the earth's magnetic field.

As for how I feel on what I said in original reply, I don't want to feel like I'm being pushed into a boat I'd rather not be in, unlike Wainwright I don't have anything that ties me to Japan, not at least in the same fashion (he's in a committed - like an insane asylum - relationship). Yes I enjoy learning about Japan, language, literature, and culture. Moreover, I like applying what I learn, and even more than that I like discussing it. 

Yet like most things in life, I do not want to give myself a false sense of entitlement, i.e. "I worked hard for this so I deserve it." This is part of the reason I actually dislike fundamentalist Christians or zealots of any type.
"I'm a better Christian than you, so I'm going to Heaven."
Or
"Oh, I know I'm going to heaven, but I don't know about you..." 
To which I often think, I know my foot could go up your ass, but I don't know if I can get away with it.

As I experience more and more things in life, the only things I have learned is that: 
  • Pain does not go away, even with the passing of time, but it becomes a little more tolerable. 
  • I will die one day, and this is a result of being alive. 
  • Living a healthy life-style is just another way to die slower than others. 
  • Laugh at everything possible, because there is always someone somewhere finds that one thing funny.
  • Things that are conditional are no more different than contracts between businesses, albeit a lot more complicated do to lack of details.
  • Details, you better fucking have them when you're asked tough questions.
  • Ignorant assholes like double-standards, and then they look down on you when try to explain the issue to them.*
  • No one becomes an expert in their field without giving up something they can't get back.
  • If you are not afraid or seriously concerned in issues where it is appropriate to be it is because you are either crazy, idiotic, ignorant, or worst of all, you have deceived yourself and/or your challenge.
  • Fear and trust G-d: He knows where you live if you piss Him off.
  • Love G-d, because it feels good when somebody loves you back and that's a fact.
  • Completed trust towards another person is something that should never be broken, just like the completed trust between a man and a cannibal who is giving fellatio.
I think that about sums it up, and whatever isn't listed is no one fucking business.

I'm not really sure how to explain these things to people who have a sense of entitlement or living a life-style where everything is dictated by a magazine or by contemporary society. Hell, 80 years ago Hugo Boss was a supplier for Nazi uniforms. Today, it's totally okay to wear and use their products.
How does that make sense?
I can put my answer
in the form of a question.
Easy. It's just a type of contract, one between the company and people. They (the people) will overlook the history of the company as long as they get stylish products. 

Just like life you can't time the market. You can't time tomorrow. And if you can, you're doing it to manipulate people in ways that were never intended. The latter of these bothers me most, as it is the single most disgusting thing a person could do to homo-sapiens.

*For example, it's (usually) socially okay for a woman to break up with a man who has a small penis, but it's not okay for a man to break up with a woman who has small breasts?
What kind of shit is that? Thank G-d I don't own a big truck.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you fear god if you trust him?

Petrarchan Lover said...

Just as a small child fears the unknown behavior of his or her own mother, father, and future. It is easy to assume that G-d has behaviors in which we ought to be fearful. Trust is going to override the fear, but keep in mind that it will not remove fear.

Anyone in a relationship where they have love and trust IS afraid of losing that. If they're not a afraid of losing it, they do not value it.

Anonymous said...

Trusting god means trusting that he knows whats best for you and that he loves you. Trusting in a relationship means trusting that they will always be there. Trust is a sense of certainty and it doesnt leave room for fear. Fear comes with doubt.

Petrarchan Lover said...

I'm just going to have to quote myself here. :)

"Just like life you can't time the market. You can't time tomorrow. And if you can, you're doing it to manipulate people in ways that were never intended."

It's okay to be afraid of tomorrow, and in my opinion it's better to face it regardless of the fear.

I'm fearful of spiders, even though most will not kill me. I'm afraid of people who have no morals or ethics, yet I don't let that fear rule my life.

"If you are not afraid or seriously concerned in issues where it is appropriate to be it is because you are either crazy, idiotic, ignorant, or worst of all, you have deceived yourself and/or your challenge."

Fear is natural. No one knows if his or her own children will outlive them. Being alive has risks, and this makes trust a liability. And yet to me trust is worth the risks, and always will be. It allows people to go beyond biology.

Anonymous said...

People are imperfect so they have potential to hurt you even when you trust them and they are going to die at some point. Neither of which applies to god. Of course fear has its place like any other feeling otherwise it wouldn't exist.

Fozzynen said...

The idea of god defies logic, and cannot be explained with anything that modern science can explain. The belief in god-like elements has been a part of human societies for millenia, very possibly because of the human need to understand and explain uncertainties in tolerable ways.

All through the history of humankind, the ideas of god-like creatures and beliefs in supernatural events have been replaced with further understanding of what we call physics. The understanding of the whole universe may be out of our reach because of our neurological limitations, but that doesn't mean replacing the search for the absolute truth with a blind belief and trust in an instance that you call 'god' is acceptable.

I find it particularly disturbing that you believe your god isn't going to hurt you. Have you not read the bible? Or do you believe hurt is good as long as it's done in the "spirit of god"? If so, may I suggest a visit to Utah?

Petrarchan Lover said...

Modern science a hundred years ago didn't even know what PVNS was, so we've got a ways to go! :D

Post a Comment