2011/08/01

2011年7月31日 Work and government

My boss called me last Friday. I was happy since he told me he needed to know my schedule and what days I will be free to work. I told him I was pretty much ready to work everyday. Totally sweet I thought, until I looked at his schedule for the rest of the summer.

Absolutely nothing changed about my schedule whatsoever.

I was hoping to pick up someone's hours to make money so I can spend it on hookers and pot, but I'm under the impression that my boss doesn't want to give anyone 20 hours or more. On the upside, the swelling in my knee has gone down, even though I'm still gimping around.

Honestly I'm just looking forward to getting something done this summer, even if it's a meager allowance of work. So far the worst part of the summer is that I haven't even had a full day of physical sunshine on my body since the surgery.


I'm voting for the former.
As for the debt ceiling, blah blah blah, it was figured out, although somehow we still have debt, so not much change there, or at least any that . The funny part is how the markets for gold right now are open, and yet the gold index hasn't changed much except for a small ten to twelve dollar drop in price per ounce.  

Nothing is going to change, crude oil is still near or at $100 per barrel, the yen is fudge-packing the dollar (right now 77 yen to one US dollar), and most of our politicians still think it's appropriate to cut some services for poor people. This one goes out to our special friends in the government.

EDIT, okay a deal has been reached, but nothing so far appears to be set in stone. Who knows what Monday will bring? Hopefully tacos and a coke.

When things in life go to hell or begin to suck, I remind myself to go outside, take a breather, and have a Coke. I'm sure I will do this when World War 3 happens, or the next time some chick says, "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment