2011/08/26

2011年8月26日 No respect

Yesterday on the train the other day a young woman, around 15-19 years of age, sat across from me. Her skin was a milk-brown in color, she wore a short dress, and had fire-red hair in a small pony tail. What bothered me was noise she was generating, which prompted me to look over at her. 

She didn't move her eyes on me, but had them fixed in my general direction. Her mouth moved as if she was chewing on what I thought was her visible tongue piercing, but that wasn't it. It was g-ddamned sunflower seeds. I looked away trying to ignore that sound. Then I thought about it, don't those seeds have a shell? Where the hell are all of those going?  


As soon as I looked back I noticed she was just throwing the empty shells on the floor of the train. I was going to say something, but I realized there was no solution, other than telling her that she has no respect for the train or others. I didn't have any plastic bags to offer her or anything to at least negotiate with, and bitching at her would probably make me the bad guy, because I'm white and she's black.

I cringed while swearing in my mind, and of course I was grateful that she got off at the nearest stop after I noticed her disgusting and disrespecting habit. Watching her step off the train from my window, I pursed my lips as I thought GTFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment