2011/07/27

2011年7月27日 Not feeling to great

The throbbing persists, and will for sometime. 
Among other things in life, there isn't much I can do.

Sometimes when I feel trouble in life I am reminded of a strategic survival technique that a survivor expert once said,

"Often the greatest issue for people who love to hunt, fish, and adventure in the wilderness is overconfidence. Many times hunters are found 3 days being lost in the woods and the first thing they'll say to the rescuers is "I'm not lost." 
The same pride that let them believe their compass was wrong, or that they could keep walking through the night to get out, lasts right until the end where there is no admission they were indeed lost. 
As one pushes the other to keep on moving when in fact the best thing to do is to stop, build a shelter, and spend the night." - Les Stroud, Survivorman

So far this quote, although only 6 months a rough six months in my brain, seems to work great as a reminder.
It is so easy to replace, "hunt and "fish" with other things that are more relevant to owns on needs. Of course then the rest of the dialog is the same, but in all honesty I believe this quote to be important within one's own lifestyle be it spiritual or the occasional visits to glory holes.

As I close these thoughts, I keep hearing a distant voice, barely able to compete with the thumping trance music, "THIS IS YOUR LIFE ENDING ONE MINUTE TO THE NEXT. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL."

I can really only smile at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment