2011/07/22

2011年7月21日 How many times?

How many times do I have to explain to people there is no cure for arthritis?
Worse, I often wonder about my own family's intelligence when I have to re-explain this and they forget there is no cure for such.

If I only had a brain!

No seriously, this actually happens with some people in my family.
In fact, the reason I'm talking about this now is because I just got off the phone with my brother whose commentary only provides me with free entertainment regarding this issue. 

At some point during the conversation about life and what not he says,
My brother: "See any new movies?"
Me: "No not really. Well actually I did see Black Death. It's about the Black Plague."
Brother: "Black Lake?"
Me: "No, Black Plague. It's about the Plague."
Brother: (Unintelligible-sounding question)
Me: "It's about the plague, like the disease."

Brother: "So it's about bible times?"
Me: "No, it takes place in the 1300s."

Yes, I am aware that the Black Death does deal with Christianity, heresy - my mom's side of the family, - and the like.

Anyway, I thought it was a good movie it reminded me of my experience traveling on I-5 southbound to L.A. from Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment