2011/06/24

2011年6月23日 Communication Break down

"I thought you weren't going to take us. You said you weren't going to"
"No, I said I wasn't sure if I could or not." 
I countered truthfully from what I could remember of the previous night.


Blah blah blah. The waste of words continued and as all magical results: nothing got done. I watched them complain at me from the top of the stairs. I didn't even want to bother and I hated waiting for any progress to happen, so I took the steam-cleaner from them and returned it to the store.

On the way back home, passing their condo, I kept wondering about how annoying it is to be asked to help someone at irregular hours. I don't mean hours like midnight or what not. Basically I don't like it when someone asks me to help them with something at 3pm, and I end up wasting, literally doing nothing, for 2 hours, and then finally at 5pm they have something they could use me for specifically. Yet I can't just leave during the 2 hour wait, because then they're not sure if they'll finish on time or what not. Worse I don't have anything to do during the time I wait for them to get their shit together. 


"Why is everyone so mean to me!"
Actually that isn't the worst part. The worst part is when I have to deal with the retarded manatee, who is more or less so fucking lazy that It doesn't even bother to do anything except follow people who are actually working. If no one told It to actually do something, it would just sit, eat, and look at Facebook.  

I have made it a serious habit over the past several months that when someone asks me a favor, and they are not my friend, that they specifically tell me what they want. Giving me a heads-up on how long whatever is going to take is even better, and in most cases I require this knowledge regardless.


I guess the point that I'm trying to imply, vaguely, is that communication breaks down immediate when people stop talking, stop asking questions, and stop trying to confirm or verify information. When we start assuming about other people, or acquire the information through other means, it usually becomes tainted by our own views or another's. Moral of the story? There are no morals: just don't stop talking.

I could go for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment