2011/06/15

2011年6月14日 Dreams again

The glass did not break. I must have smashed the pommel several times on the glass before I gave up. I can't remember exactly why I was trying to enter his car, but by the time I gave up I was less concerned about my immediate situation than I was with the usefulness of the knife I had been carrying the whole time.
Sure these dreams are beautiful,
but like life, I know that the
empty places give the best view.

The groggy mornings seem to be getting to me these days. Waking up only enough to sustain the most basic levels of consciousness, I some how manage to turn on the early morning news I loathe so much. Nothing news worthy ever happens, everything is about scandal this or scandal that. No real reporting of any value, outside of the coverage of the on-going wars.

Auto-pilot engaged after I put my belt on and secured my wallet. My robotic movements and delayed physical expressions did not bother me, as I could not even be bothered enough to care about such. I was able to use a car, a keyboard, and myself, yet I had no care for any of them in this state. I felt the dreams calling me back. Sometimes it's the only thing I feel, besides the constant desire for sleep. The emptiness only reflected that the void needs to be filled one way or another, ideally with some coherency.

A warm smile, soft eyes, I see them sometimes in my dreams and on the outside. 
Sure these dreams are beautiful, but like life, I know that the empty places give the best view.
I don't see much else, but some of what I do see I would rather not talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment