2011/06/11

2011年6月10日 Man The Fuck Up

I was going to write an article about how much I dislike my mother's tendencies and/or a great portion of her strategic characteristics. Then I read this [link]. I wish I could say it solved my problems but it didn't completely.

There is a reason it's called,
"Man The Fuck Up" and not
"Woman The Fuck Up".
My living situation at present sucks, ever since my roommate moved to Japan, I have been left with cleaning, and taking care of pretty much everything else he more or less left-behind. That's quite stressful, but really the stressful part is dealing with my mom who wants to help me with this.

Since I am going to stay with her during my "transitional period" over the summer, I am moving some things into her apartment. The frustration is compounded by the fact that I need surgery on my knee and this will immobilize me, almost leaving me no choice but to stay with her since it is the most convenient physically.

Intellectually living here is total hell. She has no reasoning that makes any sense whatsoever, and in most cases she has no reasoning whatsoever. I have made it a policy that when I drive her to pick up groceries or shopping that she is not allowed to do "browsing" for things, because I hate shopping for more than 30 minutes and since it's my car, gas, and time she'll ideally respect that. 

Unfortunately, the same policies for shopping do no work with moving.
"We're only going to take those bags over there, by the door, and that. I don't want to take anything else."
Ignoring what I said she walks into the other room to look at a shelf I said earlier I would move with a friend this up-coming Sunday.
"Let's put this shelf in the car."
I'm at the point of yelling at her.
"I just said I would deal with that later"
Ideal woman for most men,
attractive, stupid, and devoted to
their husband.
This shit goes on and on. First it's my art collection that she wants to take to her place, albeit large in size, it consists of only 3 pieces so far. Then it's a piece of furniture. I have to explain to her that the art needs to be carefully taken to her apartment, and I cannot put anything near it that would damage the canvas or break the glass. Some of these things have custom framing and glass, which is not cheap.

In the end I understand why men later on in life, at least those who are married, rarely smile when they are around their wife. Unless their wife is stupid enough to listen to their husband, kind of like the woman pictured here. Somehow I believe this is why men as bald at an early age, either because of a lot of stress or not enough booze. I suppose in the long run I'm safe from stupid women, because I love conversation more than them.

And I'll probably end up having them read my blog by the second date.

It's not that women are stupid, because they're not (sorta).
It's just that my mother, just like Amy Chua, is probably not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to ethical behavior. In fact there is no box, only a plastic bag because the box is broken or lost. One of these days I'm going to take that plastic bag and put it on and around my head. But not today, I have beer to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment