2011/06/16

2011年6月16日 Is it fiction yet?

The pre-pounding sensation in my head was probably due to the street lights and oncoming traffic, though it didn't matter since I couldn't help but wonder about other things.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"
I heard as we waited to cross the street. Looking up I could tell it really was, even more so since someone else felt the same way about it. A full moon to me generally was beautiful, and tonight also was such a night. Unfortunately I was alone in the car when I thought about those words from some time back. I wanted to forget them and forget about the moon, but I couldn't. I knew that my attempts at escape and evasion from moon's line of sight would be next to impossible. It did not stop me from trying nonetheless.

The roads were as quiet as they could be during such a late hour. I had just dropped off Krimull, or "K", before the devil's hour commenced. I drove to contemplate about things, but it didn't matter since the general complexity escaped me as I desperately tried to hide the moon from my view, mirrors or otherwise. And for a brief moment I got my wish.

While I didn't think the west hills would provide adequate refuge, I did notice something that neither caused fear or discomfort. It was the horizon, a deep blue contrasted by the dark silhouettes of spires and monolithic looking objects. I slowed down the car and turned off the headlights, which may have been a bad idea since there were no street-lights whatsoever on road. On the other side of the car I was surrounded by tall trees, homes, and hills.  On the side of the horizon several crosses, a few statues, and many familiar looking tombstones littered the hill next to my car. 
There was nothing else I could do except gawk in amazement and casual surprise at the beautiful circumstances of my situation. It depressed me that while I hid myself from the moon and the memories it constantly gave me, that my only alternative was to relish in the disturbing allure of silhouetted markers of death over an approaching sunrise.

I left without incident, and yet I returned myself to the moon as it continued to lord over me. Parking I realized I had solved nothing, and there was nothing else to do except to retire with the monsters I had picked up on the way home. Entering the first door I did feel a slight degree of success. Although I changed nothing I was still able to avoid the approaching sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment