2011/11/07

2011年11月6日 לֶךְ-לְךָ

Basically what it means is "GTFO."

So go forth, leave everything you know. Leave your house, leave your home, leave your knowledge behind. Go and pray that God is going to be there for you, even when things suck (extremely hard). Abraham's dad wasn't bad, but he wasn't good for Abraham. He had to go, he had to venture out to find himself.

I wondered about these things the other day (the 4th), and well before the Torah portion of the week. Finding myself. I have found myself with the help of others, and sometimes I cannot help but think about them often.

I wonder though, have you found yourself?
Do you get to share yourself with other people? 
Or do you just play it safe, by hiding yourself?
If you hide yourself, do you even know how to find yourself after that?
Did you know yourself before you hid yourself?

How often do we have do have to hide ourselves between the monotony of daily life when our hearts and souls cry for more? I know what my stomach cries for, and that's food or bourbon!

I don't know the answers to these questions other than that the journey is more important than the destination. Because the destination is an end. Whereas a journey does not end, since it is not a destination.

I wonder if we could find ourselves from here, without some capacity to have God and love in our lives? Personally, I do not think such is possible.

Journey usually describes a journey well.


No comments:

Post a Comment