2011/11/25

2011年11月24日 Convenience stores

IIF: (The Ingram Story) 

I use the review mirror for a number of things, but mainly for making sure that none of the coke I just bought is left on my nose. Whatever is missed usually ends up in my mouth anyway. My parents raised me well not to waste anything. Somehow the numbness is even better when I'm watching my finger slowly rub it onto my gums. 

The guy inside has a good thing going for him. I think he's making around 80k per year, and that's not including his job as the head clerk. He's got good advice too. He doesn't get high, he keeps things under the radar, and he recommends good beer for driving. I don't have to pay for beer when it's only me in the store. I just have to buy gum or some-shit. It's always essential to have a can that looks slightly like an energy drink. That way one could drink and drive, and ideally no one is the wiser, that is until you get pulled over.

"This is good stuff."
I didn't give shit, looking back at mirror I noticed the sub-woofer shaking the rear window. Ugghhh, what next? I thought yawning. I'm sure I had other things to do. Mose hadn't called in about week or so, but I'm sure he's busy. And I hadn't done jack shit since I last stepped out of Cosgrave's fucking castle. Ideally Cosgrave will be too greedy to groom anyone for his position after he retires, or gets killed... Anyhow. Fuck. This is good stuff. 

Putting the car in gear I felt invincible driving back to the office. I finished beer about two-thirds of the way there, and threw it out the window at an intersection about a quarter of a mile away from my destination.

Some homeless fucker asked for me for some money, and I gave him whatever loose change, cough drop wrappers, and lint I had in my coat pocket. Upon entering the building I paused looking at the stairs. Something was really wrong, but I couldn't place it until I realized it: I'm fucking sober. Shii-....

I turned around, got back in the car, and drove to a convenience store.
Damnit, this time I'll have to pay for beer. Someone's gotta make coke that lasts at least two hours, I might as well go see a fuckin' movie for the price of this shit.

I don't even remember looking at the clock when I got back to the office, so I can't really tell you what time it was when I got there. It was late though, really late.

No comments:

Post a Comment