2011/11/15

2011年11月15日 IIF?: Blue-Men 2

We, or at least I, couldn't verify whether or not he was human. His mannerism had not changed since I had first seen him, some 20-odd years ago. Nor did his appearance. He wore the same grey fedora, grey suit with vest, over a white and black tie. It never once saw him without it. It also appeared as if it never changed in physical appearance, be it aging or smoke. I don't think I ever saw him eat once either. He did drink however. 

Well, I think I'd seen him chewing on a cherry a few times. Though he'd always spit it out onto a napkin after a minute or so. He'd always wipe his teeth methodically, using his index finger to retrieve any pieces left between his gums, & going so far as to wipe his tongue as well. There were two things no one could figure out about his peculiar behavior. The first was where he lived. The second was where or if he worked. There was speculation he was a high-classer, but the Blue-Men could never prove if he committed any deviation, since no one reported any deviate behavior that could be linked to him. 

He appeared to finance his activities through some sort of unwritten deal with the friends corner. All I knew was that he had sold over 80 kilos of gold over the years. Always in two forms. A pocket watch or gold diskettes, no bigger than an average woman's palm. They looked similar to a coaster, but slimmer. I heard that the weight was always the same with the discs, but the watches were the primary concern of most of us who watched him. It was the exactness of the watches. First they never would operate, though their design didn't seem as if they wouldn't. Outside of the black paint used for the raised lettering of the numbers, and glass, the watch was of gold entirely. 

Some years back I saw the insides of the a watch from him. It looked like a regular pocket watch, but with precision I had never seen before. I remember biting my lip as I gawked at the most beautiful sprockets and gears I have ever seen since. The set up, while unconventional, was neither of an extraordinary origin or natural to me & my engineering background. The useful of my background proved entirely worthless to the Blue-Men, and I never disputed it. I never understood the purpose of such, we're told they know best, they have always worked, and what works is what is right as we've been told growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment