2011/11/11

2011年11月10日 Eating alone

I hate eating alone. Look at those two over there.
Look at them.
I don't like how they stop smiling
when they look at me.
Reminding me that I'm eating alone.
Are they frowning at me 
because I'm sitting alone? 
I hate this. 
Why did they bother? 
To stop smiling?

The food is tasting less and less 
like food everyday. 
Would company change that?
I hate sitting here, 
this is taking too long. 

Take a bite. 
Okay.
Now, get up 
and walk around. 
Okay.
Eat and move. 
Wait what? That's what people do
when they're rushed in life!
Sit down 
and enjoy the meal. 
But I'll be sitting alone. 
Oh, I hate this. 

I need to distract myself while eating.
Huddle in front of the computer. 
Huddle in front of the TV.
Don't waste time thinking 
about the food you prepared, 
it's not going to give you any compliments.
Wait who is that? 

Isn't she in your class? 
I bet she's a bitch. 
Look how she doesn't smile.
How can she look unhappy 
and look so well? 
I bet she eats alone too! 
Maybe not in person, 
but certainly
in that ice-box, 
called a heart of hers. 

What about your ice-box? 
I keep the liquor there, 
it keeps me from thinking about 
being alone. 
Oh! But what to do?! 
 I'm here outside alone! 

Children are coming!
Watching their incredulous faces mutating 
at everything they look at! 
It distracts me so! 

This is wonderful! 
I can see the magic
it's on their faces, 
and I can looked incredulously too! 
Oh, wait now, wait now! Don't go! Damnit, look how they
all hold hands with nice uniformity, 
as if they're little ducklings following a mother goose 
who in actuality is a semi-chubby hipster, leading them away. 
Oh damn it! 
You're alone again.
Stop thinking those things.

Parve tuna, 
talk to me. 
Relish, you too, 
talk to me. 
You taste kind of sweet. 
But now, bland. 
No, you're bland! And the banality 
of your incredible ability to ramble 
is giving me mercury poisoning!

Why couldn't I be a carrot?!  
Silence relish! 
Oh how I relish, 
in silencing relish.

Eating alone, oh, 
I hate this. 
I have to sit alone 
to eat alone, 
and live alone 
to eat alone?
How can anyone do this 
for such a long time? 
How can anyone 
want to do this?
Who is that, over there? 

Why do they look on 
the ground for such a long time?
Has their neck broken 
into this downward position? 
Did they cower 
for such a long time 
it is now stuck?

I see a woman, or girl rather, 
with blonde hair. 
It looks like fine strands of silk, 
evenly cut. Oh! Oh!
I would skip eating lunch 
altogether to touch 
and compliment it! 
Wa-wait!
Her eyes look down, 
but they look forward. 
How do you do that?
Why do you do that?!

I suppose she is,
eating lunch alone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment