2011/11/02

2011年11月2日 Another day of this?

I figured not having (party) liquor in my life would have made things easier on my joints. From poor to no diet, and then to a diet again, I am confused why my knee hurts when I'm actually trying to eat healthier and wholesome foods. When I didn't eat a meal or anything of substance for at least 12 hours, besides 3 cups of coffee, my knee didn't complain as much. Now my knee complains almost every standing or stretching moment! It sure as hell didn't have a problem with waking me up last night. Or was it the report I read about how "Loneliness may cause fitful sleep: study [link]"? I guess I'm shit out of luck, since arthritis is going to do what it wants regardless of whether or not I'm lonely. Hell it's even woken up those I've shared a bed with in the past when I can't sleep or I am woken up in severe pain.

Wait-wait, back to drinking. 
I think drinking isn't as a big of a deal compared to what one person I know put it, 
"Since a family member of mine is an alcoholic, a nasty drunk, and I'm not comfortable with drinking that I perceive as excess [see nasty drunks], being that close to me, I wouldn't have that in my life."
Who said anything about being drunk? I didn't.
Excess does not mean drunk, at least not in my book. I have a book now.
Most people do say "Everything in moderation." And moreover, what about a nasty love? Now that sounds pretty bad.
Or what about a polite drunk, or a polite love? Yeah? Do you want that purple stuff now, next to the Sunny D?
Does anyone ever really want to know if the drinking is the problem or the problems prior to the drinking are more worthy of discussion? It always seems like people blame drinking, and yet there are things in place to correct such, like AA (not batteries). But what about everything before the drinking?

Happy drunks DO exist!
If you have a river, and you dam it up, it will flood something neighboring it. This isn't good. Unless you're an asshole. We ought to work with what we already have and feel inside, as these things almost never change especially if it is part of who we are as a core person. I think that's how we should go about ourselves. Looking back at the river for guidance, unless we somehow manage to remove the water from the equation we could change. But this is just a metaphor. And if that water, is a desire or rather a part of us, and we remove it, are we even human? Are we still ourselves? Who knows? Outside of what you look like and your name, could your friends and family identify who you are? Could you do it for yourself? Everything in moderation could mean that in lieu of epic drinking as a bachelor one should get married. 

According to the definition of "drink" within the parameters of marriage, "drink" equates to something like this:

1. (a) drink
Something that wives keep count of when you are at a party.
For example, after a couple of hours laughing and joking with the men, your wife will slide up to you and say in a very accusing tone of voice, "That's your fourth drink, you know".
Women can keep track of drinks, but they can't keep track of my credit card's limit?
What the fuck? I bet most don't even know how many pairs of shoes they have. Unless they wear flats or tennis shoes often, because those women are usually lesbians or don't trust other women anyhow (such as their own mother or siblings).

So last night thinking about this shit Funk #49 came on my mp3 player, and I had a desire to get loaded while on the train. It would have been awesome. Instead, I just sat there jamming out, then some kids around 10 years old came into my area to take a few seats, and by I few I mean like five. There were only 3 kids. The conversation was basically about how they can use their Food Stamps EBT card to buy things under ten dollars and then return them to the store for cash. Eventually those kids got off, and some black homey looking dude with his white girlfriend who was wearing pajama pants were squawking over why he hit her in front of her family. Eventually they got off too. When the white, guido-looking dude got off we shared a glace he gave me a slight smirk that basically said,
"Man, TNB." 
I'm sure he was thinking this since he didn't adjust back to the original intended use of the seat until the previous noise makers stepped off the train.

The Lesson?
Alcohol alone or while single is bad. Women without alcohol is bad.
But alcohol AND women is okay, because they'll be the one keeping track of how many you've had.
This way you can still be the man and the one who drives.

And as always it's important to go to bed smiling. I know I did last night, although for other reasons, until I was FUCKING WOKEN UP AT 2:43AM BECAUSE OF MY GODDAMN KNEE. Fuck!

But yes, I got some water and went back to bed, thinking and praying.

House and Wilson have it figured out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment