2011/11/21

2011年11月20日 Time for oneself

After a ritualized luncheon with Fozzjnen, the following dialog happened on our way to his car.
Fozzjnen: "I have next week off, so I'm going to play Skyrim every day. All day."
Me: "What about your kid?"Fozzjnen: "Well, since I'm going to drop him off at day care I can play all day."
Me: "What the hell? Heheh. How does that work? Why pay for day care just to play?"Fozzjnen: "I'm in a contract, so really it doesn't matter if take the kid or not. I still end up having to pay."
Me: "So when is the earliest you can drop the kid off then?"
Fozzjnen: "Haha, 6am."
Me: "So that's like what, 12 hours of gaming and drinking?"
I'm not sure of when the last time Fozzjnen had some real alone at home time, and frankly I didn't want to ask. But I didn't have to, since I knew the answer. The answer I didn't know, was whether or not he could marathon beer like I did when I watched his house several years ago. 

At least 3 different, and visible,
types of beer in the fridge
He was gone for about 3 weeks, and like a good friend I stayed at his house feeding his fish and eating his food. There were two things he couldn't understand when he got back. The first was how I was able to double his electricity bill. But that's not as important as the second: over 35 dollars in empty cans and bottles. With each can or bottle worth five cents. 

I remember drinking around 150 cans or so of Diet Rite and Coke and I remember drinking around 230 beers or so, but I cannot account for the extra 320 bottles and cans. The only evidence I have of this today is a few pictures showing the corners of empty boxes and 66+ bottle caps of miscellaneous beer. And collecting the bottle caps was only after I realized I ought to keep some as a form of recording how many I've had. According to the numbers I've given, I would've had to drink at least 33 beers per day or so. I have no idea how I did this, as I had no parties or anything of that nature.

This was only after I realized
I should start
So basically Fozzjnen and I were debating on how many beers he could have before he had to pick up his kid from daycare. Would he be able to drive? Probably not. Can he pick his kid up in a cab? Would they actually LET him take his own kid home if he was visibly drunk and using a cab? Why is that a problem? I don't think it is, at least not yet. 

Remember that power-drinking requires A LOT of skill. It's not about going out and getting thrashed. It's about sustaining LONG-term buzz. And sustaining a long-term buzz requires a lot of work. Somehow when I did it, I was still able to go to school, sleep, and go to work. I have no idea how this was done. If recall correctly, my Grandma passed away too only a few months before. Huh. Well I doubt that had anything to do with it, although as she was passing, I sat there in front of her with my cousin pounding two 20 ouncers.

"I gotta wake my ass up at six AM every day of
this week and drag myself up to Vascalinas. Yeah, 
I'm doing the drywall up there at the new McDonalds."
-Lawrence, Office Space
Somehow I'm pretty well versed with the power-drinking. If I remember correctly with Wainwright,  he even  pussed out when we lived together when my remedy for boredom was power-drinking and Netflix. I don't blame for wimping out, since it is difficult to sustain power-drinking with beers above or at 6.3 ABV. I won't deny, however, that power-drinking isn't for the weak of heart, or rather, weak of liver. I don't blame anyone for being a big pussy, unable to power-drink, but frankly it REALLY is a lot of work and it takes a lot of discipline, kind of like voting for Ron Paul and bragging about it.

So yeah, however you spend alone time, as long as you aren't doing something that you normally do during the mundane week, I suppose it's alright, just like power-drinking. So go out there, and spend some time alone that is different than how you normally spend time when you are alone and around others.

Don't forget bring some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment