2011/11/16

2011年11月16日 IIF?: Blue-Men 3

I could never understand how The Family allowed such a deviation. It was possible that the demand of gold deemed his "currency" acceptable for exchange. That also was another interesting discussion, as Time never carried any form of standard money. He somehow arranged his transactions in a way where whomever acquired his goods would also acquire his share of debt elsewhere. The routine had been done so often, he never spoke about about how or by what means he'd pay with wherever he went. Tonight I'd watch the bar-tender use a notebook to write something after he ordered. This was Time, and outside his average-looking frame & regal facial features, which stood out further by his MM movements, we had yet to determine if he was a skinner or something more.

I wanted to believe he wasn't what he was, I wanted to believe The Family, and what they told me about him. I woke up that night when I decided to confront him. It felt like a mistake at the time, and whether or not I'd encounter a deviation from The Family, I spoke to him regardless of the consequences. 

"Hey, you. You, Time isn't it?"
He said nothing and only sipped his bourbon cocktail, if it could be called that, since it only contained soda water, besides ice. Alcohol consumption was banned without a license, unless it contained Helpers.

"Hey deaf-ears! You better answer, I'm an Engineer with The Family." I declared to him utilizing The Family's speed guidelines: No Fear, No Anger, No emotion.

When he turned at me his face and lips moving upward. Just looking at his face doing this expression I'd encounter a deviation. Well, not a deviation, but at re-education on procedure. Nothing but his head, face and neck moved as he began focusing on me. It appeared as if he was physically capable of boring The Temple, which I learned about in Schooling. I could feel it in my chest from his gaze alone. He said only one thing that night,  

"I still remember."
"Remember?" I was so shocked from witnessing his face moving upward into what I can only say looked like a hellish sort of mask.

"That everyday I'm feeling a little more optimistic." That word, "optimistic" was changed several years before I was even born. My job with The Family only allowed me access to its origins, he'd be better off with the proper usage now, "Family Oriented." But he didn't appear like he'd be concerned with a deviation. That night I was exposed, and there was nothing The Family could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment