2012/03/04

2012年3月3日 "That you know you are free"

Beit Din
I heard those words over the radio after doing a "wilderness lap" in the car. Tomorrow I will face one of the single most important events in my life, outside of birth, friendships, and what not. I will be in front of my rabbi and two others who are going to pick my brain, my heart, and whatever they find in terms of a soul.

I am ready for this, not because I think I can do it, but because I can't imagine doing anything else. I think a scene in the movie Heat best describes my feeling since I can't put it into better words. URL here, it should auto start at 2 minutes 35 seconds, ending at the 3 minute mark.

Hammer in the Sand, by Steve Hackett plays in the background as I recall the previous hours. I had no terror on that dark road, with its semi-vacant sky and the emaciated clouds.

Where am I going?
Who am I?
Have I found myself? I think so, and for once we get along.
We understand a little bit better about each other.

Not sure if I can do it or not, 
I'm going to do my best, and there is no way to turn back. And God said "לֶךְ-לְךָ" (Lech Lecha).

No comments:

Post a Comment