2012/01/07

2012年1月6日 Loitering mind

Sometimes I wonder why my mind loiters.

I wonder why it doesn't get anything of merit accomplished and I wonder why I'm catching myself thinking of these things. Somehow it reminded me of a character drill from early days in the Cub Scouts. 

Clearly my job here is finished!
In this character drill we were issued, without our knowledge, what people thought about us on a card. While the den mother (or troop leader) of our group gave her son the sheriff ranking (i.e. has leadership skills), which was one I was envious for, I ended up with Medicine Man (community man or something).

At first I was miserable since I had no idea what it meant, of course I was only 7 years old at the time. Later in life, I realize that within the community I sometimes am apart in my own world. However I am still part of and I have a role in a community was well, be it religious, spiritual, or as an entertainer. But I know with such a task, after my work is done I will retire to my own special shaman's tent and the mundane tasks will be left to everyone else.

I think I'm right in regards to myself, I know I don't have expert skills in interacting with people on a mundane level (i.e. earthly), but I do have other skills that sets me apart. For one I have never been good at communicating with people regarding small or trivial talk, but I've been good at other tasks which are more complicated and yet seem more natural to me.

Solution? Find a community that allows me to use these skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment