2012/01/03

2012年1月2日 For the future

Obviously the GI JOES aren't
taking this well...
My old toys, comics, cards, games, and the like were things I thought I'd never get rid of ever, until I realized I had certain life goals that are more important.

What does it mean to give something up?
What does it mean when we say to someone, and toward ourselves, that something matters?

None of those things which I'm getting rid of will help me with my life now. They don't make any of my relationships with anyone better, or improve how I deal with myself in private. 

However I must at admit, I will miss the knowledge that those things gave me. I might miss the imagination of play, and I will miss not having the time to look over my old comics with the knowledge I have now. Yet I know I can do other things with them (i.e. turn them into money). Daily life and reflection remind me that none of those things in my possession make me better at caring.

It reminds me of this somehow:


No comments:

Post a Comment