2012/01/15

2012年1月14日 Again and again

Yeah, not these Elder Ones
Congregating with others is enjoyable.
It's even better with humor.

I'm realizing that most of the people I enjoy hanging out with regularly are significantly older than me, or rather those who can tolerate being around me for more than 3 hours are usually older than me significantly. Of course there are some exceptions, although at this point I don't think any exist. I feel like a recorder player.

Records go on, spin, restart, I play them again. New records go on them, but the machine is the same. New and old records, sometimes played over and over, again and again. New faces and places. Some I want to remember, and some I don't, although ideally I'd prefer not to forget. Seeing people, interacting, always promising and always rewarding.

Sometimes the reward isn't for me, sometimes my reward is a punishment. I don't mind though. I still think about my audience of friends though. I enjoy them, very much. Though, I am noticing a shift in the audience as my friends come and go, busy with their lives and other priorities. More and more I find myself around the elder ones, thankfully they're not of the Lovecraft persuasion. 

Sometimes, things just
go right back to the beginning
I'm not bothered by that, - I don't mean the Lovecraft part, - outside of being unable to bring most of the rewarding encounters into my professional life and life as a student (for now). In a sense there is a degree of distance between how I feel and how I am able to communicate with those around my age or younger. It is frustrating, that's for sure.

I do realize though, that most people spend most of their time at work or sleeping, so really dating or making friends with someone outside of work or school is a real challenge, but in some cases it is rewarding. But there are always more and more exceptions though...


Ever experience instances where you relate better to X audience versus Y?
Are most of your friends close to your age or older?
Do you hang out with them often? In a group or?
How many hours a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment