2011/12/09

2011年12月8日 Praying for the unborn spirits

I had a chance to email someone I who is neither my friend or adversary. 

I got a lengthy email back.

I was happy about that, or rather engaged.
It was a challenge, not of rivalry, but more of that from this colleague, who is either entertaining my thoughts due to sheer boredom or is vying more information about my own my thought processes.

Challenge is a good word. What does this mean? When I was a kid, a challenging stage in a video game was something I didn't know if I had the personal capacity to overcome. I suppose varying degrees of life are the same. Do we compromise the challenge for comfort and security? I believe we do. I believe society is conditioning us, to accept that we ARE our khakis, our cars, and our jobs. However, I disagree.

Over time I will have more information to figure out the specifics. It is clear emotionally this colleague and I are not on the same page, and yet this person seems to be making an effort to sit at an imaginary and intellectual table. Talking to me about issues of concern or interest, without disregard or disrespect towards my interpretations in life. Ideally I'm doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment