2011/12/15

2011年12月14日 Sick jokes

Future career options
I sometimes post repugnant things on here. By sometimes, I mean depending on how you feel about horses and wo.... Well anyhow, today I heard what I would consider a sick joke.

At some point during a conversation today with my/a rabbi, he made commentary that I could be a rabbi myself! I thought he was joking, and then he mentioned something about a convert whom he knows who is now an orthodox rabbi. At that point I realized this wasn't a joke, but rather some kind of facetious commentary whose level of sincerity wasn't gauge-able.

If I were a rabbi, - see that, that's a big "if," - I can only imagine all the Nin-Jew jokes (忍犹太者, or if it's boxes, "Those who endure the Jewish" according to Chinese to English). I'm sure all my friends from college or whatnot will never let me hear the end of it.

Although I've already had three people who aren't Jewish assume that I would become a rabbi nonetheless,  either in jest they said this or with total conviction at the possibility, I was a little surprised that the rabbi suggested this also as career goal for me. I'm sure it doesn't help I like bladed objects too (see בְּרִית מִילָה‎).

No comments:

Post a Comment