2011/12/17

2011年12月17日 Finding stuff in books

I don't own either of these, but on a little strip of paper I found the following in a book about thoughts on conducting oneself in the Way of the samurai.

From that piece of paper:
Love Looks Beyond

You look at me and see my flaws;
I look at you and see flaws, too.
Those who love, know love deserves
a second glance; each failure serves
another chance.

Love looks to see,
beyond the scars and flaws, the cause;
and scars become and honorable badge
of battles fought and won - or lost -
but fought! The product, not the cost,
is what love sought.

God help us see beyond the now
to the before,
and note with tenderness
what lies between
-and love the more!
The only thing left to do
when The Fail has reached its
zenith!
And the passage next to the place-holding-strip-of-paper in the book was the following:
In the judgment of elders, a samurai's obstinacy should be excessive. A thing done with moderation may later be judged to be insufficient. I have heard that when one thinks he has gone too far, he will not have erred. This sort of rule should not be forgotten.
 Such is the advice of Hagakure.

No comments:

Post a Comment