2011/12/20

2011年12月19日 Religion

I heard a joke the other day:

A priest calls a rabbi and tells him, "Hey Rabbi I need to know if you can come down to the church today, I need help. Can you get right over?"

"Sure." the rabbi says, since he's known the priest for awhile.

Rabbi arrives at the church and the priest tells him, "Listen, I'm late for meeting, but I've still got about an hour or so worth left of confession today, could you cover me? Look, it's not hard."
Basically what happens
in real life anyhow.

So the priest and the rabbi sit in the confession both.

A man comes in "Father, I've sinned."
"What is your sin, my son?" The priest says.
"I've committed adultery."
"How many times?"
"Three times."
"Say 5 hail Mary five times and donate 10 dollars to charity."
The man leaves.

A woman comes into the confession booth.

"Father, I've sinned."
"When was your last confession?"
"3 months ago."
"What is your sin?"
"I've committed adultery."
"How many times?"
"Three times."
"Say 5 hail Mary five times and donate 10 dollars to charity."
The woman leaves.

The priest looks over to the rabbi and says, "Do you get it? It's not that hard."

The rabbi looks back at the priest and says, "Don't worry, I think I got the hang of this."
The priest leaves.

The rabbi alone in the confessional booth, he sees a woman come in.

"Father forgive me for I have sinned."
"When was your last confession?" The rabbi asks.
"6 months ago."
"What is your sin?"
"I committed adultery."
"How many times?"
"Two times."
"What? Only two times?
We've got a special today! Three for 10 dollars, come back after your third offense!"

No comments:

Post a Comment