2011/12/29

2011年12月29日 Only in America

For sometime I've been thinking about donating bone marrow. Maybe longer than sometime, maybe over a year or two. I've done basic research about it and talked with my friends on the issue, or at least those who give a damn about donating bone marrow, etc. 

When I first heard about it, Fozzjnen told me about his homeland and the donating procedure there. Over there it is more or less paid by the government/insurance-companies, which is kind of awesome and redundant since insurance companies seem like they are already part of the government. Cool, I'll just check my own country, local hospitals, and online. 

After checking online, going to a hospital with a friend, and talking with Fozzjnen, I found out that I would have to pay 100 dollars to get an a bone marrow registry, and that I might have to pay out of my own pocket to even donate bone marrow. 

Isn't this guy a Muslim?
Wait, what the fuck? There isn't a loop hole around this issue. Actually the only loop hole, isn't a loop hole, more or less it would require whoever wants bone marrow to pay for my expenses/recovery (6 months or so).

Yet, as my health (knee, among other things) continues to have problems, I become less inclined to follow through with it. Of course while it might not be a healthy choice for me to donate, I'm sure bone marrow would help someone.

I guess what irritates me the most is that only in America would they charge you to voluntarily donate a part of yourself to help or save another person's life. And people bitch about the Jews... 

Yes, only in America would you be charged for charity. Sure, doctors need to get paid, but if they're only getting paid for saving lives, how is that different than EMTs or firefighters? Personally I look at doctors like car mechanics, of course this is from my patient prospective. 

I don't blame doctors for that or the road blocks I find as I try to donate bone marrow, at least not yet. That's okay, eventually doctors be working for free.
Thanks Obama.

Oh yeah, 
I know you're busy Mr. President, but if you could get the Patriot Act and remove it, like you said you would, that'd be grrr-reat. K-thx-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment