2012/05/31

2012年5月30日 Over-booked

I hate being super busy
There are SO many things happening this Friday that I was over-booked. A religious obligation, ongoing meeting I've been having weekly, and a theater production. The latter two needed to be rescheduled, which sucks, because rescheduling in this case basically means "I can't go." Yes it sucks, but at least I worded it that way (I can't go*), instead of "Oh... Well, let's see what happens."

*Religious events and rituals take priority.

The worst part of all of these meetings, is that I have a feeling the the religious one (kabbalat shabbat) very well may just end up be a dinner of mingling with people who are mingle-ish, and whom I've probably never met at shul. And I was invited to this event through shul.

I fucking hate mingling. Mingling and talking about things of zero or limited substance feels similar to talking with people as if it were a "Facebook" status update. Talking to people as if it were a status update? No fucking thanks.

Alternatively I could just avoid the whole issue by having zero expectations.
But if that were the case I wouldn't have even gone, would I? I don't know.

I guess I need to buy a planner... And challah.

No comments:

Post a Comment