2012/05/05

2012年5月4日 Uncle Ted and wisdom

Ted Nugent in a recent interview said that "[I'm a] perfect human being. I stumble perfectly."
It made me think, as opposed to vomiting on my naked groin. 

Perfectly green or is it perfectly tan?
My dad says on occasion that, "If you want perfection, believe in Jesus." Perfection is fleeting, unless we're trying to be perfect with ourselves within our human limitations. That's probably the best advice I got out of these types of phrases. We're human, we build communities, we do good things, we do bad things. We make friends, enemies, and whatnot. But we're human, but perfection in our imagination negates our humanity. We don't get a chance to have a "perfect life" because we're born flawed already. It's wonderful we're born this way because otherwise we would miss out on an incredible amount of culture (and music).

So what is the way? Well, one way (which would consider itself "the way"), would be to have perfection with our own human characteristics and character. Knowing we make mistakes and correcting them, in my opinion is more asphalt on the road to human perfection. Because without ever having an opportunity to make a mistake, how can we truly achieve a sense of understanding? How can we genuinely be perfect if we ignore that we stumble, if we ignore our faculties? Or rather when we ignore our weaknesses versus only taking pride and perfection in our strengths? 
I must note briefly that the opposite side may exist. That without an opportunity to do something right, do we really know what "wrong" is? Or what a mistake is? We have to decide what is right or wrong. But moreover we need to be true to ourselves in the process. Because nothing is more questionable - in the sense that the following should be scrutinized carefully - than defining perfection by self-negation of one's own inner voice.
Deny yourself, and you are no longer an individual.
Backtracking a bit.
What about when the opportunity of learning is negated? When we lose an opportunity to understand ourselves, such as ignoring pain, weakness, things we don't like, we are wasting an opportunity to understand ourselves. I'm not saying invest your time into things you're bad at. 

In my case I could probably be good at math, at some point, but frankly speaking I should invest myself into things I'm naturally good at, enjoy doing, and can help others with. However! I shouldn't ignore that I'm bad at math, in fact the only way to know if I was bad at it was to give it a serious shot. Honestly, I'm not as bad at math as I thought originally, but it just doesn't stick as hard compared to languages. I know this because I don't use quadratic equations everyday. So yeah, I'd probably be great at math, if I used it everyday in order to perfect my natural human state, but there are other issues that are more pressing to me with myself and my own humanity.


No else else gets to be you. 
Nor should anyone else be you. 
And the same goes for you and another. You may want to consider avoiding the desire to be someone else. Because your opportunity to be you lies in you and with your experiences, from before, from today, and from tomorrow. Without those things, how can you be perfect with yourself? How can one genuinely wield his or herself without grabbing their soul, for all it's worth, with the good and the bad? Of course times change. 

As a non-Jewish, but religious text, says, 
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 
In my case, my understanding as a child is necessary, because I'm still learning. And also, I know that I want to be an educator one day so I need to have the skills and talents to be able to explain things in such a manner. Whether that manner of thought and dialog is childishly, manly, or tuck myself behind the thighs as a tranny, depends on the audience I am learning from or trying to educate. 

None of this shit applies when an asshole cuts me off on the freeway though.

No comments:

Post a Comment