2012/05/14

2012年5月13日 Around the corner

I was talking to a guy after morning prayers at shul. We had a bagel, and he offered me a pint of beer after our bagels were done. Now mind you, it's 10am in the morning and I'm offered beer. You have no idea how nice it is to relax in the morning 80 degree sun, with free beer and great company. At anytime in the morning on a day off it is wonderful to have a drink. It was even better that he was open to discussing a lot of things with me.

But the real issue of excitement and concern was when I asked him if he was a college student. He said he was a college drop out. He said, 
"You don't really know where life will take you." 
Seventeen years in the middle east, then ten years in Europe. Now he finds himself in Oregon, married, and enjoying where life is taking him. Of course America may or may not be the final destination, as at some-point he mentioned how he might want to immigrate to Israel.

I find myself a month away from graduation wondering what I may do. Just around the corner I could find work and/or try to work towards my goals withing the education realm. I'd much rather continue my opportunities to continue education, and I know it will be a struggle. Making money would certainly change things. It's very hard to go back to school after making money, because for one, I wouldn't really make money while going to graduate school and two I'd spending money to go to school.

Around the corner or not, I'm looking forward to graduating. I've got one ticket left for the ceremony, and I'm debating if it should go to my brother. My Grandmother, father, mother, Fozzjnen, and... Yet I haven't decided yet who will get the last. I'll figure something out. I'm not concerned, even though there is a degree of uncertainty. I'm doing exactly what I wanted from the get go, and I knew that my goals could take me here or there.

No comments:

Post a Comment