2012/05/10

2012年5月9日 "The only way..."

"The only way you'll really know if you can lift 500 lbs is if you're willing to fail."  - Arnold Schwarzenegger
He's right when he talks about the people who are afraid of failure will never grow, expounding on the issue further. Source here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOUVil7W5s


I like Arnold, but for some reasons or another I look at as disappointing. Why? Because his advice is for an individual who is solely interested in being an individual. No surprise though, as I have never seen a self-help book that says, "How to help yourself and continue living an wonderful life with everyone else involved in your life." Self-help books are called self-help for a reason. If it goes beyond the self, it usually gets into the religious realm. The Torah is a good start.


No one has the right answer for another individual, outside of those who want to go "Even higher" (see Brainstorm). I suppose at this moment in time I reflect on life as if I were Faust himself. Kamelot's Abandoned is a great example of frustration and how one deals with it, or rather how one may be unable to cope with dealing with frustration.


Fun nonetheless. We want to do X, it has a price tag. How far are we willing to go?
Or as Arnold says indirectly "Are you willing to fail (several times even)?"

I suppose anyone who is my friend and/or if I am their friend, understands this concept beyond the intellectualization of it. Tonight we dine on our souls.

***

Today she told me three things she wanted to do in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment