2012/05/11

2012年5月10日 Applications of the basics

“There are no advanced techniques, only advanced applications of the basics.”
It's a shame that even I forget that sometimes. I forget that evolution sometimes is just an advanced application on the present and basic form. I forget. Only to remember when it matters most or when it is too late to change anything.

Sometimes when something is late it doesn't really matter when it happens. We just assume it's late because new information was brought forth, when in reality the truth sometimes is never subject to the limitations of time. In fact truth itself can dictate time. So when we learn something and think it's too late, it's never too late.

I keep wondering about things, I keep smiling, but I also keep thinking. As I said to someone in an email recently,
I'm sure it gives you a lot of time to think about the concept of "home", "community", and "friendship". I certainly thought about these things often while I was in Japan for a year. Even though I was studying, I was your age [...] at the time. This meant that I had a different outlook on life since I didn't immediately go to college when I was 18 (I started when I was 19-20). Nor did I "fit" in the crowd of people who graduated HS, and immediately went to college without work/life experience and personal responsibilities.
My thoughts never end.
Nor do I want them to end.
(By Helen Lundeberg, in 1934)
My road has been one with lot's of vegetation, difficult terrain, depression, cold nights and mornings, long dark night's of my soul, escapism vs stay, and so on. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, but I certainly would feel a higher degree of camaraderie and jubilation knowing I'm with a companion on the trail. 

No trail worth blazing should be blazed alone, 
outside of the one to meeting ourselves.

Tonight is for our future pioneers.

No comments:

Post a Comment