2012/04/01

2012年3月31日 "It might be a tumor..."

Boiling point?
I have (direct/extended) family members who talk around me. It gets to the point where when their irritation with me is at its boiling point, it already feels like game over. "Game over" in the sense that me saying anything doesn't change shit, because they seem happier demonizing me and ignoring me when they aren't.

Actually, it's more like Mt. Saint Helens blowing up. Mainly because they don't talk to me to directly begin with, a lot of dialog is left in the dark. I'm pretty straightforward and open to conversation. Because of that, I really fucking hate being talked around. I think if I had a headache tumor I would name it the names of my family members.

What it basically comes down to is this, instead of people keeping a up-to-date communication with me, in terms of this or that, other members talk with Member-X about me. Member-X get information about me passes it on, and then the other members gripe at me with bullshit. What pisses off the most, is that how everyone ends up talking around each other to the point where I actually think they lose track of what they're trying to tell me or anyone else. 

For example: "You can live here if you pay half the utilities and do some yard work."
What ends up happening: 
Member-X comes to me and says, "Member-Y wants you to pay Z" (double what I'm already paying).

Me: "That's not what I agreed to."

Member-X: "Well you're going to need to talk to Member-Y."
At this point I'm thinking it's okay to consult Member-X about things regarding this issue or similar ones, since Member-Y is telling Member-X to tell me important information. 
WRONG.
Member-X to me: "Don't do yard work when it's wet or raining." 
(Few days later) Member-Y: "WTF!? Why aren't you doing yard work?"
So what do I do? 
I'm told NOT to do yard work by Member-X when it's raining or wet, and yet Member-X informs Member-Y that I haven't been doing yard work (without telling Member-Y that they told me not to work on those days). Worse, I can't do yard work when I have work, school, shabbat, and knee problems. That kind of narrows my days doesn't it? 

Why is this important?
Because communication is important. Clear and straightforward communication takes away most, if not all, bullshit. Unless we're assessing instances of bad communication, anything other than important, clear, and straightforward communication (in issues similar to that above) is just a waste of time (unless wasting time is the objective).

With that said, I'm actually excited to resolve this tedious bullshit by contacting the head-hancho directly, regarding any problems AND only working with/for that person.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment