2012/04/26

2012年4月25日 "I feel dizzy-- I'm whiting out..."

Stop being such a pussy!
The nurse looked at me and said, "Do you want to look away?"
"No. No, I have to watch while you do it." I said shaking my head.
"Most people look away." 
"I imagine things are worse if I look away." I said to her.

So she gave me the flu shot, without any problems. Then after that, the following test was to take my blood. I said if I don't watch, like I did with the flu shot, I might faint.

"Don't worry I'll keep you up to date on how I feel." I assured her.

The needled went in, and for a minute solid on my left arm they looked for a vain. I continued breathing just hoping to get it over with, staring at them and the needle as it wiggled around my vain. I didn't really mind at first.

Things changed when they switched arms to get my blood. That's when I started to feel sick. At first I got really hot and started sweating bullets. "Keep breathing." I heard several times. Soon, I started to feel a little nauseous.

"I feel dizzy-- I'm whiting out."
Immediately after I said that I was out. I literally don't even remember what happened next or slumping over. I woke up looking at the ceiling with 5 female lab staff, nurses, and or whatever their title is all around me. Heaven has fat chicks, just warning you guys. Thankfully I'm not bothered by that, because it's not my choice, and they were nice to me. Bringing me orange juice was also a bonus. Besides if heaven has uppity bitches, what's the fucking point? Anyway, I didn't remember slumping over, getting on my back, or anything. I'm sure they were just about to do stuff to me or they were looking for a sharpie. That's about the time when my eyes fixed on them.

"Are you okay? Just take a deep breath."
"I feel kind of heavy. Did you finish?"
I really just wished this whole thing was over. And I wanted breakfast.
"No, I had to pull out when you started to slump over."
Haha, she had to pull out. Depending on what I would be doing, I might not have pulled out.

I got back to business,
"Are we able to finish or?" They looked at me like I was insane.
"Well, let's give you a moment to breathe. Drink some orange juice."
"Thanks. Well, I'd like to continue since I'm awake now." Which basically means, let's rock'n'roll lady, the show must go on.

"Yes, but we don't want you to get sick." Fair enough. They waited about 2 minutes before continuing.

Then they switched back to my left arm, and took my blood quickly without any problems. I felt a little sick when I left, but otherwise alright.

"I hope I didn't panic any of you. I did warn you at least!" I said smiling.
"And we're grateful you warned us!" Yes, yes you are.

I'm good at warning people.
Unfortunately some people take my warnings with little or no seriousness because they think I might be joking. Bad idea!

They were very nice to me, and like always I tried to talk myself through it since I'm not really into needles in my body.
Masks and shit? No problem.
Seeing blood? No problem.
Stab me with metal? Fuck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment