2012/04/28

2012年4月28日 "Hungarian Delight"

Hungarian Delight is a guy I met in Japan. He's extremely knowledgeable and his command of English is amazing. Tall, muscular, pious, and trained in martial arts I figured we'd get along great since he likes death metal. We've chatted about most things regarding life since meeting, and of course also a lot of drinking. And meeting again to drink. This guy likes to drink, but not as much as I do. He's incredibly patient and doesn't judge a book by it's cover, or rather lack of cover.

Here we are drinking
Case in point, we were playing a drinking game out of checkers, and some troll was making a terrible sounding noise with a balloon. I looked over and said as nicely and calmly as possible, "Could you please stop making that noise it really really bothers me." She ignored me, so I continued this time with a little more gusto, 
"Please stop making that noise. I've asked you nicely. I've told you it really bothers me. If you continue, I will go get a pen or a knife and I will stab your balloon." 
When she didn't quit I got up calmly asked a Russian guy by the sink for a knife. He at first wasn't going to hand it to me, but I promised him I wouldn't hurt anyone (intentionally). With knife in hand I went to sit down. I said, putting the knife down in front of me, 
"I've already asked nicely, apparently nice isn't enough. Don't fuck with the balloons or I'll fucking stab it."
I thought I was being polite. I refused to turn over the knife when people got defensive and concerned. I said if they're concerned, I'll leave, but I'm wasn't giving up the knife until the balloons were gone.

Later that evening after all the commotion was over with, Hungarian Delight later told me that he was having fun and didn't really seem concerned at all. Apparently these things happen often in Hungary, along with a high-as-the-sky suicide rate. 

We became good friends after that. I think he appreciated my no-bullshit attitude, or rather maybe he was entertained? Maybe it's because my English is the easier to understand, something he complimented me on. Actually, a lot of people have told me my English is easy to understand. But I digress. 

Here are some Hungarian Delight-isms

HD on principles, humanity and cruelty

Hungarian Delight: Oh I know about that, and back to the theoretical topic: I agree with you on that. Principles need to exist because that is what makes us different from animals. Basically nature is the most cruel thing on this planet and humans are the only beings able to elevate from the struggle [of] survival.

HD on spirituality and meditation

HD Meditation is good for confronting with yourself, but it has nothing to do with society. [U]nfortunately a lot of people are thinking that the "eastern wonders" like meditation will help them overcome the difficulties [of life]. What the fuck do they think? Are all the people in Asia happy? Retards.
[emphasis mine]
HD briefly on responsibility

HD: That's why you're a humanist :) You think all the people think about things like responsibility and so on.
Me: Most people are utilitarians. I'm not.
HD: but a lot of people are so simple that they simply cannot understand the meaning of "responsibility"
 
HD telling me we won't always talk about everything

HD It is so simple. I'm sure you could find a topic I wouldn't rather discuss
Me:  Of course.
Like space-docking
It's when a man shits in a woman's vagina.
And not a wet-shit or Italian-greasy shit.
I mean, large [a] redwood tree or something.
This happens a lot in Turkish bath-houses.
The steam acts as a natural lubricant.
See, I can't imagine you're thinking, "Well, time to eat dinner!"
HD Your ability of incepting disturbing mental images is as great as it ever was[.]

---
I long for the day where I can drink until a stupor with HD again.

No comments:

Post a Comment