2012/02/01

2012年1月31日 "Do you know what the reunion pays for you?"

Basically this model
Fozzjnen the other day gave me a Sansa clip, replacing the Sansa 200 that had a broken headphone jack. So far the Sansa clip is extremely awesome, lightweight and convenient to carry. Unfortunately if the clip on the device were to break, things would fucking suck worse than a reluctant wife on her husband's birthday.

Fortunately for me, I don't have to worry about women in in that way. In any case, I'm grateful to have a fully functioning MP3 player which also happens to an awesome amount of battery space. The only downside is that the interface looks like it was built in the period between Tron and Tron: Legacy, but otherwise it functions the way it ought to function.

Outside of that I scored 100% on my last Hebrew test, because bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.



Beyond bitches 

The only things right now in life, happen to be looking forward to mikvah and brit milah.
So what is a brit milah or hatafat dam brit?

According to Wikipedia:
The expressly ritual element of circumcision in Judaism, as distinguished from its non-ritual requirement in Islam, is shown by the requirement that a child who either is born aposthetic (without a foreskin) or who has been circumcised without the ritual must nevertheless undergo a Brit milah in which a drop of blood (hatafat-dam, הטפת דם) is drawn from the penis at the point where the foreskin would have been or was attached.
Too Jewish?
Feh. No.
At some point I need to do the ritual bathing in an open, and moving body of water, such as a river or ocean.
Just another step towards conversion. There isn't much left now. I'm progressing quickly, of course my fervor for such probably makes it quicker. Unfortunately I don't necessarily have the target audience I need to accommodate every little concern I have about what it takes to be a Jew or what it takes to sustain my efforts, but I do know that whatever my efforts may be: they will not end with conversion. As I mentioned before to someone Judaism is for life, a part of it, everyday, somehow, even if I'm not thinking about it. And my efforts and progress with it only end when I die, which is basically another opportunity for someone else to explore their own roots with Judaism. An example of this is the Mourner's Kaddish.

There are a number of things I have to address in life, but this is one thing I want to do and continue doing before and while I address those things.

Of course, I'm not going to be wearing a black hat everyday, although I might, and I'm not going to stop wearing t-shirts and the like, or demand that women sit at the back of the bus or refuse to shake their hands, etc. Basically, I'm not going to be a Haredi, as far as I know. They have their own problems. Orthodox Judaism doesn't speak to me, and maybe it's because there is no infrastructure for it, but frankly I find that it seems to be a group that one has to grow up into or have certain character traits, many of which if I did have them, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment