2012/02/28

2012年2月28日 Light-speed

If we can travel at light speed, does that mean we don't need head lights?

Sometimes we get what we want. When this happens we forget the price tag.
I can't believe how fast my life is going along, mainly because I had mentally and emotionally prepared for as long as two years.

Let's do it!
This Sunday is my mikvah, and soon after, maybe an hour or two later, the beit din (house of judgement). And then after deliberation, the decision of whether or not I am a Jew will come. I prepared to become one, so maybe I'm just nervous about it. I don't want to fail, or rather, I don't want to fail God and the community. In a sense I feel like any failure of understanding core or foundational principles of Judaism is the failure to value life. Not just my own life, but the importance of life and its cycles (including death).

Maybe it's not that I'm going fast, it's that I'm being challenged.
And it's a challenge of whether or not I can do it, and part of me is wondering if I can.

If I knew I could do it, with zero to little problems, it wouldn't be a challenge.

Come with me lesbian seagull....
Settle down and rest with meeee...

No comments:

Post a Comment